Forums
theriddermark.org - Riders of the Riddermark :: Forums :: Roleplaying :: Roleplaying

<< Previous thread | Next thread >>
Riders of the Riddermark Rebirth [2015+ Info]
Moderators: Ehris, Cendryth, Ileen, Thednath, Gleorwyn, Denholm, Leofrald, Yarassi, Fergus, Auerdan, pete, Joy
Author Post
Auerdan
Sat Feb 14 2015, 07:33pm
Aethelwigend

Registered Member #133

Hail, Eorlingas!

This thread details all you need to know about the Riders of the Riddermark from 2015 onwards.

In an attempt to encourage lively RP both inter-kin and beyond, the Riders of the Riddermark now fall under one Éored, led by an Aethelwigend (Noble Warrior) which in plain speak is a Captain. The Captain has the OOC rank of leader within the kin, which should be easy to identify!

Beneath the Aethelwigend are the kin officers, otherwise known as Maegisterwigends (Master warriors) or Lieutenants. Each Maegisterwigend commands a group of kin members as riders, called Sperewigends (spear warriors). In the Rohirric language, the rank is after your name (Auerdan Aethelwigend), which gives us a use for surnames as ranks!

This splits the kin into small groups of riders, each led by a kin officer. The kin officer will arrange activities and events for their group (don't forget to delegate here, I don't want anyone burning out!), as well as mingling with the other groups and welcoming event ideas from the members. Each kin officer is responsible for recruiting (responsibly!) to expand their group. As for a little fun incentive, the best group each month will win a prize from the Aethelwigend - be the best!

As for the riders, you will become a member of the group that recruited you - but that doesn't stop you attending any of the other group events or even changing groups if you wish. This structure is primarily military (after all, we are Riders of The Riddermark!) but non-military types are still very much welcome, there's always a need for that side of life for the soldiers to fight for!

Each group will also obey the command of the Aethelwigend, and there will be plenty of opportunities for each group to ride under one banner, as the kin Éored, for bigger events and plots.

So what is our purpose as an Éored?

We are a wandering Éored, known in Rohirric as the Færing Éored, travelling throughout Middle Earth (Rohan and beyond) pursuing the interests of the people of Rohan however we may - whether that be killing the invaders within Rohan, recruiting stray Rohirrim in Bree, even exploring Angmar or Mirkwood to weaken the enemy and divert eyes away from our homeland.

Ride forth, Riders of the Riddermark! Ride forth, the Færing Éored!

Auerdan Aethelwigend

[ Edited Tue Sep 27 2016, 07:51pm ]
Ehris
Sat Feb 14 2015, 08:54pm
Curator

Registered Member #1
(( I've set all of the forum to be publically viewable - not all of it was before. I hope this will help to federate information in a social manner. ))
Regnwald
Mon Feb 16 2015, 11:21am
Auerdan, I liked the idea, and I'm sure we can find volunteers. I'd be honored to assist you on this task.
Auerdan
Tue Feb 17 2015, 03:05am
Aethelwigend

Registered Member #133
And I would be honoured to welcome you!
Ehris
Tue Feb 17 2015, 08:46am
Curator

Registered Member #1
Just a FYI for everyone passing by here hopefully:

the events published with date and times on the page are GMT/London time?
Auerdan
Tue Feb 17 2015, 08:37pm
Aethelwigend

Registered Member #133

GMT yeah, I figured that would be the easiest for everyone to work out relative to their timezone.

[ Edited Tue Feb 17 2015, 08:37pm ]
Ehris
Thu Feb 19 2015, 09:50am
Curator

Registered Member #1
Very good! Another slight website tweak: changed "Agenda" events plugin so that the details for each event entry can be viewed even if not logged in with (or without) registered website user.
Auerdan
Thu Feb 19 2015, 03:38pm
Aethelwigend

Registered Member #133
My thanks, Lord Ehris!

Jump:     Back to top

Syndicate this thread: rss 0.92 Syndicate this thread: rss 2.0 Syndicate this thread: RDF